SPBCWTA League InfoSouth Palm Beach County Women's Tennis Association
Ladies Division Try-Outs Spring 2013
Try-outs are at 10:00am
Div. 2A - Monday, April 15th @ Swim Club
Div. 2B - Tuesday, April 16th @ Swim Club
Div. 4 - Wednesday, April 17th @ Swim Club
Div. 5 - Thursday, April 18th @ Swim Club
Div. 6 & 7 - Friday, April 19th @ Swim Club
You must be a member to participate in a League
You must sign-up in advance. Please call the Delray Beach Tennis Center at 561-243-7360 to sign up.
Try-outs may take at least 2-3 hrs. depending on the number of participants.
Rules for Exemptions
· Each team will have 12 exemptions.
· Deadline for exemptions will be by March 31st. You have to have played in 50% of your matches
up to that point. There will be no changes to exemptions after set date.
· The top 4 exempt players will be allowed to try out next season to move up.
· If a team places in the top 5 in the league, then the top 8 players from that team
will be allowed to try out next season to move up.
· Bottom 4 players will have to try out to remain on existing team.
· Exemptions are determined by a weighted rating system. Wins in lines one and two give you 4 points. Wins in lines three and four give you 3 points. Wins in lines five and six give you 2 points. If you lose your match but win a set, you receive 1 point. If you win 75% or more of your matches you become the 13th exempt player. If you win 80% of your matches you can try out for the team above.
· If you get a forfeit, you are still awarded the points earned by a win.
· The total number of points is divided by the total number of matches you played. You must have played in a t least 50% of the teams matches to be exempt.
· If two or more players are tied for the 12th exemption, then both are exempt.
· Those players who are not exempt from their team have to tryout to stay on the team.
· If an existing team player is ineligible due to documented injury or illness, one of the following two circumstances must apply in order to be exempted from tryouts in the upcoming year:
- The player must have played at least 10 matches in the current season and won at least
60% of those matches.
- If a player has not played 10 matches in the current season, then the player must have
been one of the twelve exempt players from the previous season.
- If neither one of these two criteria is met, the player must tryout again.
· There are no wild cards.
· If a team is moved up by the league, then the whole team moves up and stays together.
Rules for Tryouts
· Tryouts will be held in April but will not be held during the Easter/Passover break.
· Tryouts will be done on an individual basis.
· Each player will play with each individual trying out for that team.
o It will be done in a Greg Grover Round Robin format
· All scores will be publically posted and the top scoring individuals will move up.
· After Spring tryouts, 14 players will sign the roster. The Captain and teaching Staff have the options to fill the whole roster. If player 14 and 15 are one game apart they both make it. If 15 and 16 are tied the 16th player also makes the team.
· If a player signs a team roster in the Spring, then subsequently resigns from that team, with the approval of the Team Captain and Coach, that individual will be eligible to try out again in the Fall but not for a higher division team.
· In order to sign a roster you have to be available to play 50% of the season.
· In order for a new player to try out for a team, she has to fill out an application.
· Summer tryouts will be determined by management based on the number of participants.
· New players who want to try out in the summer will be invited to play with the ladies on that particular team.
· Players must sign the roster the day of the tryout.
· If you are trying out for your existing team and do not make it, you have to try out for the team below, you cannot just walk on.
· Request can be made to tryout two teams above, but must be approved by coach and teaching staff. You must have played & won 75% of your matches in line 1 or 2.
Code of Conduct
· Each player is responsible for their actions at both home and away matches.
· A player can be disciplined by the league for unsportsmanlike behavior and/or multiple grievances from opposing teams.
· Each player must sign and abide by their teams rules and philosophies.
· All concerns should be addressed through the proper chain i.e. Captain, Coach, Management.
Rules and Regulations
· Players have to be members to play on a team.
· Memberships have to be paid before players are eligible to play their first match.
· On any team that has a coach, the coach will pick line-ups based on a Captains list of available players.